- Event setup work requests must submit two weeks prior to the start date of the event.
- Please use the Custodial Request Form if you wish to coordinate pre-event or post-event room cleaning.
- Facilities weekend work hours are 7:00 AM – 2:30 PM.
- Contact weekend Facilities Management staff by phoning Campus Security: (250) 807-9236.
- Materials, posters, etc. left behind after your event may be discarded unless specified otherwise in your work request.
- For your own safety, please do not setup or change a setup without the assistance of Facilities Management craftspersons.
- Students and Student Associations are not able to access the Archibus work request system. Please contact the Students’ Union Okanagan of UBC and their staff will assist you with this process and answer any inquiries.
- Complete a Safe Event Application.
- Reserve the room space through the Central Booking Office, with the additional time allotment for setup and tear down (see chart below).
- Submit an Archibus work request for your event setup. Please format the information using the following template:
Event Time (start and finish timeframe, e.g. 1:00 – 3:30 PM):
Room Booking Timeframe (start and finish timeframe; include time for setup/teardown):
Room Booking Confirmation Number (provided by the Central Booking Office):
Set Up Requirements (detailed description of where and how you would like event items to be configured; consider attaching a visual diagram for complex setups):
Contact Name and Phone Number:
Workday Program Code (if applicable, see Chargeable Events table below):
- Event Inventory – if you require tables, chairs or other items for your event.
Minimum Setup Allocation:
Minimum Setup / Tear Down Allocation
|UNC 200 (Ballroom)||2 hours set-up & tear-down|
|Foyer / Atrium Space||1 hour Set-up & tear-down|
|Outdoor Spaces||2 hours Set-up & tear-down|
|Cafeteria / Dining Space||1 hour Set-up & tear-down|
|Other||1 hour Set-up & tear-down|
Users are welcome to ask for an initial cost estimate when creating their work request. Facilities Management staff will add notes to the work request with the estimated fees.
Chargeable Event Set-up Fees Chart:
Setup / Tear Down Fee
|Academic||No Fee **|
|Administrative||No Fee **|
|Conference||Event Setup Fees Apply|
|Student Association / Club||Event Setup Fees Apply|
|Invitee||Event Setup Fees Apply|
|Other External||Event Setup Fees Apply|
**If admission is being charged, event setup fees apply