- Event set-up work requests must submitted two weeks prior to the start date of the event.
- Facilities weekend work hours are 7:00 am – 2:30 pm.
- Contact weekend Facilities staff by phoning Security: (250)807-9236.
- Any materials, posters etc. left behind after your event will be disposed of unless specified otherwise in your work request.
- For your own safety do not set-up, or change a set-up without the assistance of Facilities staff.
- Complete a Safe Event Application.
- Reserve the room space through Central Booking, with the additional time allotment for set-up and tear-down included (see chart below).
- Submit a Facilities Work Request for your event set-up. Please have the following information ready, prior to submitting the request.
Event Time: (start & finish times ie: 1:00pm-3:30pm)
Room Booking Timeframe: (including set-up/tear down times)
Room Booking Confirmation Number: (received from Central Booking)
Set Up Requirements: (ensure the description is detailed and attach any floor plans/set-up layout)
Speedchart: (if applicable, see Chargeable Events table below)
- Event Inventory – if you require tables, chairs or other items for your event.
Minimum Setup Allocation:
Minimum Set-up / Tear-Down Allocation
|UNC 200 (Ballroom)||2 hours set-up & tear-down|
|Foyer / Atrium Space||1 hour Set-up & tear-down|
|Outdoor Spaces||2 hours Set-up & tear-down|
|Cafeteria / Dining Space||1 hour Set-up & tear-down|
|Other||1 hour Set-up & tear-down|
You may enter an ‘estimate’ request into Archibus if you are unsure if your event set-up is chargeable. (NOTE: Facilities will enter notes within the work order with the estimated fees).
Chargeable Event Set-up Fees Chart:
Set-up / Tear-down Fee
|Academic||No Fee **|
|Administrative||No Fee **|
|Conference||Event set-up Fees Apply|
|Student Association / Club||Event set-up Fees Apply|
|Invitee||Event set-up Fees Apply|
|Other External||Event set-up Fees Apply|
**If admission is being charged, event set-up fees apply