- Staff and faculty members must submit an event setup work request two weeks prior to the start date of the event.
- Students and Student Associations are not able to access the Archibus work request system. Please contact the Students’ Union Okanagan of UBC and their staff will assist you with this process and answer any questions.
- Please use the Custodial Request Form if you wish to coordinate pre-event or post-event room cleaning.
- Facilities Management weekend work hours are 7:00 AM – 2:30 PM. If you need to contact our craftspersons during the weekend, please phone the Campus Security non-emergency number (250) 807-9236.
- Facilities Management does not perform event setups in residence buildings (e.g. Nechako). Please contact Maaike Ammerlaan (Conference Sales & Service Manager) via firstname.lastname@example.org or 250 807-9804 for assistance in these buildings.
- Items, materials, posters, etc. left behind after your event may be discarded unless specified otherwise in your work request.
- For your own safety, please do not setup or change a setup without the assistance of our craftspersons.
- Complete a Safe Event Application.
- Reserve the room space through the Central Booking Office with the additional time allotment for setup and tear down (see chart below).
- Submit an Archibus work request for your event setup. Please follow the steps outlined in the How To Submit An Event Request quick reference guide to ensure you are providing our craftsperson will all the relevant information they require.
- Special requests should be created as separate work requests (e.g. disabling irrigation prior to outdoor events; adjustments to heating/cooling; electrical or lighting requirements).
- Please view our event inventory to determine the types of tables, chairs and other items that are available.
- Please contact your caterer to request table linens.
Minimum Setup Allocation:
Minimum Setup / Tear Down Allocation
|UNC 200 (Ballroom)||2 hours set-up & tear-down|
|Foyer / Atrium Space||1 hour Set-up & tear-down|
|Outdoor Spaces||2 hours Set-up & tear-down|
|Cafeteria / Dining Space||1 hour Set-up & tear-down|
|Other||1 hour Set-up & tear-down|
Users are welcome to ask for an initial cost estimate when creating their work request. Facilities Management staff will add notes to the work request with the estimated fees.
Chargeable Event Setup Fees Chart:
Setup / Tear Down Fee
|Academic||No Fee **|
|Administrative||No Fee **|
|Conference||Event Setup Fees Apply|
|Student Association / Club||Event Setup Fees Apply|
|Invitee||Event Setup Fees Apply|
|Other External||Event Setup Fees Apply|
**If admission is being charged, event setup fees apply