Facilities Management is responsible for providing moving services for the transportation of goods, materials, equipment and furnishings at UBC Okanagan. Staff and faculty may request moving services by creating an Archibus work request. Please provide as much prior notice as possible to accommodate scheduling and a minimum of 48 hours notice is required. Routine moving requirements during normal working hours are provided at no cost.
Departments requiring moving services outside of normal working hours will be charged accordingly and estimates are available upon request. Off-campus moving services, in conjunction with UBC Okanagan related functions (e.g. art exhibits, seminars, etc.), require prior approval from Facilities Management. Large-scale moving services are provided by external contractors and the requesting department is charged accordingly.
Please create an Archibus work request if you require plastic moving totes to assist with an on-campus move. Once the move is complete and the totes have been emptied, create a new work request asking our craftspersons to collect the totes. Charges may apply if moving totes are lost.
Note: Plastic totes are not available for use by staff or faculty who wish to move personal belongings home (e.g. retirement). Unfortunately, Facilities Management does not have cardboard moving boxes.
Computers, monitors, phones and other equipment on desks and workstations must be moved by the UBC IT Okanagan department. Please complete the following steps to coordinate their assistance:
- Log into UBC Service Now
- Select ‘Request A Service’
- Select ‘Hardware, Software & Desktop Support’
- Select ‘Okanagan – Employee IT Equipment Move Request’
- Fill out the form with details of the move
- UBC IT Okanagan will provide you with a date and time when their staff will be available to move the equipment
- Once you receive the date and time, create an Archibus work request outlining the details of your furniture move and specify when UBC IT Okanagan will be moving the equipment
- Facilities Management will schedule our craftspersons to perform the furniture move at the same time
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.